Premium ShippingFast and secure
Quality InspectionEach item is quality inspected by a trained B's Music Shop technician
Stay In TouchReceive order updates from our knowledgable staff
Financing OptionsIn store and online with Affirm
The Major Diatonic is the standard Blues tuning and may be played in the 1st & 2nd Positions (Straight Harp & Cross Harp). The evolution of music introduced Blues, Rock and Country and along with these new forms of music came the need for greater expression. Harmonica players began to experiment and found that when they primarily used the inhale (draw) notes, a different kind of sound was provided. This resulted in a new and more fluid style of playing, known as 2nd Position (Cross Harp). 90% of today’s players use 2nd Position for Blues, Rock, Country & Pop music. 2nd Position (Cross Harp), is a Blues scale that offers a more expressive and soulful sound. Many of the draw reeds can be bent (a technique used to change the pitch of a note).
- High tech, slide-together, interlocking boxes for carrying convenience and fast, easy indexing.
- Each tuning is color-coded. Cover Plates engineered for excellent projection and tone. Corrosion-free.
- Plastic comb eliminates swelling and shrinkage and projects a fuller, brighter sound. Wide chambers and narrow dividers for ease of playing.
- Precision-molded comb provides a recessed bed and holds Reed Plates securely and prevents air leakage. 1st and 2nd Positions clearly identified at ends of the comb.
- Replaceable Reed Plates in all Keys: Top quality brass. Mounted to the comb with only 3 self-tapping screws. Tuned to +441 for a fuller, brighter sound. With these replaceable reed plates, it?s easy to create a ?new? harmonica at about half the cost! Original comb and cover plates are recycled into the rebuilt harp. This simple process involves only three screws, two nuts & bolts. Now that makes a lot of sense!